All proceeds will benefit the Wilmington
Good Shepherd Center for the homeless.
When: Sunday, April 28 at 1:30 PM (Rain or Shine).
Where: Messiah Lutheran Church – 3302 S College Road.
Open to athletes 5 years old and younger on any kind of people powered vehicle including but not limited to bikes, trikes, strollers, scooters, wagons. (Out of town visitors may use our loaner wagon.)
- All athletes must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult who can sign the event waiver.
- We must have a signed waiver for athletes and anyone else accompanying the athlete on the trike-a-thon course.
- Athletes MUST wear a helmet unless they are in a stroller or wagon (North Carolina state law.)
the event, athletes solicit pledges for the Good Shepherd Center for the
Homeless from friends and relatives. All pledges will be collected at the end
of the course per the number of course segments completed by the athlete. This
is not a race. Trike-a-thon portion will have a one hour rain delay if needed.
- 1:00 Trike-a-thon Registration Opens
- 1:25 Bugle Announces Trike-a-thon Line Up
- 1:30 Bugle announces start of the 2019 Trike-a-thon. (Streamed via Facebook
- 2:00–2:15 Trike-a-thon ends and After Party in the Fellowship Hall begins.
Conducted by the League of American Bicyclists. Open to children of all ages. All participants MUST wear a helmet.
- 2:00-4:00 Bike Rodeo. Helmet and Bike Safety checks. Bike safety clinics and rules of the road safety course. Messiah Fellowship Hall.
Car Seat Safety Checks
- 2:00-4:00 Car Seat Safety Check. Wilmington Fire House #7, Corner of S College Rd and Pine Valley Drive. Turn into Firehouse driveway from Pine Valley Road.
Safe Kids Expo
- 1:00–4:00 Exhibits by Lock Your Meds, Wilmington Fire Department, Wilmington Police Department, League of American Bicyclists. Messiah Fellowship Hall.
- 2:15–4:00 Celebration of athletes, coaches, families, and all the Wilmington organizations dedicated to keeping our kids safe. Refreshments, bike raffle, door prizes. Messiah Fellowship Hall.
Download a flyer to pass out HERE
Directions, Equipment Drop off and Parking
Directions: From UNCW—South on College Road, Right on Pine Valley Drive; From Monkey Junction—North on College Road, Left on Pine Valley Drive
Bicycle, Tricycle Drop Off: From College Road, turn on to Pine Valley Drive. Immediate left into Messiah Lutheran Church parking lot. Make loop through church driveway. Volunteers will help you unload, label your equipment, and park it in the bike corral. Proceed to parking at SouthSide Baptist Church-- right turn onto Pine Valley and right turn onto S College. And right turn at next driveway into parking lot. Follow bike trail 50 ft. to bike corral at Messiah Lutheran Church.
Event Parking — Parking is at Southside Baptist Church, immediate neighbor of Messiah Lutheran. From S College Road, pass Messiah Lutheran and make an immediate right into Southside Baptist Church parking lot.
- Messiah Lutheran Church: 910.791.7040 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check for further event details on facebook.com/messiahwilmington.